Clownfish larvae in the rotifer bucket

AlessandroB

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2019
Messages
40
Reaction score
41
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I just went through losing the clownfish larvaes, I guess due to starvation. I have a reed mariculture compact culture system, with a starter batch and RGcomplete as food, and a hatching tank. I think maybe I wasn’t able to collect enough rotifers with the provided sieve to feed the hatch tank, and the larvae all died in 48 hours.
While waiting for the next batch, what I am wondering is if it would work to just put the larvae in the rotifers grow bucket, vs trying to collect the rotifers using the sieve and put them in the hatching tank?
 
What did you tint the fry water with
 
Answer is no to your question
 
Thats why you have die off, fry can’t handle it. You need Roti Green omaga to tint water, it feeds the Rotifers but doesn’t taint the water.
 
Correct, dilute it in RO water little goes a long way. I put Rotifers in for only three days with the RotiGreen the Rotifers multiply in the fry tank
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new