Clownfish lip problem

Littlun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I've had my pair of clownfish for 10 years. Recently one of them seems to have developed a problem with its lower lip (see attached pictures). She seems to be behaving normally. I wonder if anyone has any ideas as to whats wrong. There is a slight nick/indentation in the lip and it is discoloured brown and white, and protruding slightly. Any ideas as to what is going on much appreciated, and if there is anything that can be done about it. Many thanks, John
cf1.JPG
cf2.JPG

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would suspect an injury. Hows she look now?

OP
OP
Littlun

Littlun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. Yes I enquired at my local fish shop, and they suggested the same. On their suggestion, I have dosed my tank with NT Labs Antibacterial to promote healing. She seems to be much the same. She is not eating her pellet food, but is accepting a few frozen brine shrimp - perhaps these are softer to eat. I will keep you posted how things progress. She 10 years old now.

OP
OP
Littlun

Littlun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mouth problem getting worse. Have dosed tank with NT Labs antibacterial, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be helping… any advice would be much appreciated.
IMG_5148.jpg

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d switch to NFG (nitrofuracin green) in quarantine. You’ll want a bubbler and power head breaking surface as it creates a lower oxygen environment.

Use NFG for 14 days. Antibiotics are slow acting in fish, unfortunately. NFG is the malt aggressive antibiotic for fish I’ve ever used by a large margin.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back