I am told my clown might have uronema

Shaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, im new here and new to the hobby. I have a year old 10G Tank with pair of precula clowns, CUC and some corals. I noticed my female clownfish has an unusual growth on her left pectoral fin and swollen lips with a small red mark. I'm unsure if its an infection or from a fight. But i was told it might be Uronema and Iam terrified reading about it, Both fish are behaving normally and eating well, water parameters are good as i just did 20% water change. I dont gave quarantine tank as I didn't plan to add anymore fishes but had to add some cuc recently. Please see the vidoe and pics attached and help.

VideoCapture_20240123-211818.jpg VideoCapture_20240123-211845.jpg

Attachments

• 20240123_211930.mp4
    65 MB

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, im new here and new to the hobby. I have a year old 10G Tank with pair of precula clowns, CUC and some corals. I noticed my female clownfish has an unusual growth on her left pectoral fin and swollen lips with a small red mark. I'm unsure if its an infection or from a fight. But i was told it might be Uronema and Iam terrified reading about it, Both fish are behaving normally and eating well, water parameters are good as i just did 20% water change. I dont gave quarantine tank as I didn't plan to add anymore fishes but had to add some cuc recently. Please see the vidoe and pics attached and help.

VideoCapture_20240123-211818.jpg VideoCapture_20240123-211845.jpg
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Clownfish rarely get Uronema. I don’t see any signs of that. The clowns could be fighting (they often scrap when you aren’t in the room). It could also be stung by the coral in the video.

Jay

OP
OP
Shaa

Shaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Clownfish rarely get Uronema. I don’t see any signs of that. The clowns could be fighting (they often scrap when you aren’t in the room). It could also be stung by the coral in the video.

Jay
Thank-you Jay, thats a relief to hear. I'll keep an eye on her and update here if required.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back