Clownfish looks dusty

Rumblykibles74

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 5, 2020
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Location
Secret
What state or country do you live in
Alaska
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve recently discovered that my fish looked quite dusty while the other fish is full of color. I have no idea why but that’s why I’m here for some answers. I also found that my other fish seems to always be with him and sometimes even nibbles at him. Any idea of what can be going on?

D9C6CA0A-AF5C-4B88-8B28-EDBE8C70DD17.jpeg
 
Forgot to mention that both fish do swim fine but sometimes they have seizure like actions.
 
Brook?
 
Hi! I’ve recently discovered that my fish looked quite dusty while the other fish is full of color. I have no idea why but that’s why I’m here for some answers. I also found that my other fish seems to always be with him and sometimes even nibbles at him. Any idea of what can be going on?

D9C6CA0A-AF5C-4B88-8B28-EDBE8C70DD17.jpeg
Could be brook or velvet. The “dusting” is actually a layer of mucous.
 
Its brooklynella. begin with a freshwater bath to slow it down.
Assure your tanks' water quality is good.
As for treatment, formalin is the ticket. Start with a freshwater dip and then do a daily formalin bath for a week. Formalin is 37% formaldehyde and best products are General cure OR Ruby Rally Reef which is considered reef safe. I feel extrnal (bucket baths are best method) Give bath for 5-10 minutes.
 
yes
The fish will have weird reactions to it but someone correct me if im wrong, 5 minute dip?
 
How long has the fish been like this?
Also, the fw dip will buy you some time
 
How long has the fish been like this?
Also, the fw dip will buy you some time
I think a few days now. I didn’t really pay too much attention because I thought it was normal but apparently not. He has some bubbles in his skin and there coming off.

image.jpg
 
Just a side note: the seizure like actions are actually normal behavior. Clowns will do this to show dominance/submissiveness to one another
YES
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new