Clownfish looks dusty

Rumblykibles74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve recently discovered that my fish looked quite dusty while the other fish is full of color. I have no idea why but that’s why I’m here for some answers. I also found that my other fish seems to always be with him and sometimes even nibbles at him. Any idea of what can be going on?

D9C6CA0A-AF5C-4B88-8B28-EDBE8C70DD17.jpeg

OP
OP
Rumblykibles74

Rumblykibles74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to mention that both fish do swim fine but sometimes they have seizure like actions.

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’ve recently discovered that my fish looked quite dusty while the other fish is full of color. I have no idea why but that’s why I’m here for some answers. I also found that my other fish seems to always be with him and sometimes even nibbles at him. Any idea of what can be going on?

D9C6CA0A-AF5C-4B88-8B28-EDBE8C70DD17.jpeg
Could be brook or velvet. The “dusting” is actually a layer of mucous.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Its brooklynella. begin with a freshwater bath to slow it down.
Assure your tanks' water quality is good.
As for treatment, formalin is the ticket. Start with a freshwater dip and then do a daily formalin bath for a week. Formalin is 37% formaldehyde and best products are General cure OR Ruby Rally Reef which is considered reef safe. I feel extrnal (bucket baths are best method) Give bath for 5-10 minutes.

OP
OP
Rumblykibles74

Rumblykibles74

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long has the fish been like this?
Also, the fw dip will buy you some time
I think a few days now. I didn’t really pay too much attention because I thought it was normal but apparently not. He has some bubbles in his skin and there coming off.

image.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Just a side note: the seizure like actions are actually normal behavior. Clowns will do this to show dominance/submissiveness to one another
YES

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 16 16.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.0%
Back