Clownfish not eating

liamelias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. I have a mated pair of clowns that I have had for almost 7 months. They have been in a hospital tank until I get my DT in order. A few days ago the female started ignoring pellets and eats 3 or 4. She would eat about 20-25 in comparison. The male has also ignored a few but still eats almost normally. They have had no other contact with fish since they have been in the same hospital tank (obviously without copper anymore) I see some white marks in her upper side so Im dreading this is ich again. They were once treated with copper successfully and had been ich free for 6 months

Here is a video. Thank you in advanced

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hi guys. I have a mated pair of clowns that I have had for almost 7 months. They have been in a hospital tank until I get my DT in order. A few days ago the female started ignoring pellets and eats 3 or 4. She would eat about 20-25 in comparison. The male has also ignored a few but still eats almost normally. They have had no other contact with fish since they have been in the same hospital tank (obviously without copper anymore) I see some white marks in her upper side so Im dreading this is ich again. They were once treated with copper successfully and had been ich free for 6 months

I dont see any illness that jumps out but assure water quality is good and salinity at 1.024-1.025
Add foods such as brine shrimp, mysis shrimp and LRS fish frenzy.
Are fish breathing normal or labored?

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This is puzzling. The fish in the video looks fine. Ich usually does not cause a lack of appetite until the infection is pretty far advanced, and then you would see hundreds of spots.

The best I can offer you is to do a good water change and try some different foods, as @vetteguy53081 said.

Jay

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 125 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back