Clownfish occasionally laying on side

Lelegance

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 16, 2024
Messages
367
Reaction score
235
Location
Minnesota
What state or country do you live in
Minnesota
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my tank for around 2 years now, and my fish are fine, however just today, the smaller of my clowns was swimming in the corner with the most flow, and occasionally laying on the sandbed. I turned the flow off, and he got up, slowly swam around, then got bullied by the other clownfish. I saw another thread that looked like the same thing and their clown died. Any recommendations on how to prevent the same thing? And, no, it is not “clowns just being clowns”.
 
I have had my tank for around 2 years now, and my fish are fine, however just today, the smaller of my clowns was swimming in the corner with the most flow, and occasionally laying on the sandbed. I turned the flow off, and he got up, slowly swam around, then got bullied by the other clownfish. I saw another thread that looked like the same thing and their clown died. Any recommendations on how to prevent the same thing? And, no, it is not “clowns just being clowns”.
I'm sorry about your fish.

You'll likely need to provide more information, as well as pictures (a video would be better) before anyone will be able to offer any advice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new