Clownfish Pairing??

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have a female Gold Striped clown, she is very very happy with a anemone. I do wanna attempt to give her a mate, or someone she can pair with. What’s the chances it will go great? A mate is $89.99 shipped. I don’t wanna spend it; if the chances are low. She is about 2-3.4” and is very protective over the anemone she is hosting. Any advice would be great. Advice on to proceed, or any tips to make it work better.

IMG_9201.jpeg IMG_9202.jpeg IMG_9203.jpeg IMG_9204.jpeg IMG_9205.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have had better than average luck getting them to pair, but with clowns there is never a guarantee.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In my experience, it is beneficial to add a much smaller fish when attempting to pair maroons.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have a female Gold Striped clown, she is very very happy with a anemone. I do wanna attempt to give her a mate, or someone she can pair with. What’s the chances it will go great? A mate is $89.99 shipped. I don’t wanna spend it; if the chances are low. She is about 2-3.4” and is very protective over the anemone she is hosting. Any advice would be great. Advice on to proceed, or any tips to make it work better.

IMG_9201.jpeg IMG_9202.jpeg IMG_9203.jpeg IMG_9204.jpeg IMG_9205.jpeg
Its a chance you take as they may pair or fight with existing often being the aggressor. To get pairs, I had to place 14 clowns together but ended up with 5 breeder pairs

areohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not buy online. What happens if your female doesnt take the new clown. Your stuck! I would buy from your local LFS and If your female doesn't take the new clown then at least you can return/trade for a different.
My first clown pair the male died and i tried to replace but the female rejected the first two and almost killed both. She finally took the 3rd one that was introduced.

OP
OP
Birdman Broham

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I would not buy online. What happens if your female doesnt take the new clown. Your stuck! I would buy from your local LFS and If your female doesn't take the new clown then at least you can return/trade for a different.
My first clown pair the male died and i tried to replace but the female rejected the first two and almost killed both. She finally took the 3rd one that was introduced.
Yea I was thinking the same. I did end up picking up a Gold stripe I had to drive over a hour to get it. It will be on QT for a few weeks. Fingers crossed

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 81 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back