Clownfish problem - food.

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently, I bought a paired pair of clowns (4cm, 6cm), but the female won't eat as much. I feed Artemia and acclimatisation s hikaru pellets (two feedings per day) until they won't eat everything in one go (very small portions). The male seems to be more active. I've had them for 6 days, acclimated them and cared for the lighting environment. I will test tomorrow everything, yesterday ammonia was good (also dosing amguard and bio s stability). They don't seem unhealthy, but if the male will be eaing more, I guess they will fight for the position. For now they swin together often. If you have any suggestions, please comment. Thanks

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe mix it up, get some types of frozen foods.

You can also get some brine shrimp eggs and hatch them, this almost always works for picky fish, once they start eating baby brine it gets their appetite going for more substantial food.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they in the tank that you just set up posted below? Just wondering if the tank is ready

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clown are a fish I wouldn't feed until they're no longer interested in food. My 2 year old female will eat until she's literally round. She'd eat an entire cube if I fed it to her. Recipe for fouling your water and overfeeding your clown

OP
OP
35gcube

35gcube

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they in the tank that you just set up posted below? Just wondering if the tank is ready
Ammonia 0.07pm, NO2-2ppm, PO4-0ppm, Salinity -1.025, RODI water TDS-1ppm, Alkalinity 10.5 dkH, pH-8.1

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back