Clownfish rubbing on substrate

jbonez_

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one clown lately has been swimming to the bottom of my tank and appears to be scratching or some sort on the substrate, it's not often from what I've noticed. She is a juvenile and have had her for about 1.5 months now. She is eating just fine (twice a day) color is good, don't notice anything strange on her and she acts normal for the most part.

Is this just a clown being a clown scenario or something I should be concerned about? My other clown is completely fine and water parameters are good.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My one clown lately has been swimming to the bottom of my tank and appears to be scratching or some sort on the substrate, it's not often from what I've noticed. She is a juvenile and have had her for about 1.5 months now. She is eating just fine (twice a day) color is good, don't notice anything strange on her and she acts normal for the most part.

Is this just a clown being a clown scenario or something I should be concerned about? My other clown is completely fine and water parameters are good.
a clear video under white light would help. If there aren't any visible signs of infection I wouldn't worry too much

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back