Clownfish sick?

Lewloc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Established tank, parameters within the tanks normal range for the past 8 months.

New additions: firefish and a baby clownfish that died in my overflow(was qt), torch, favia, RFA. Note dead clown was only in the tank a out 24 hours total and died getting caught in my filter sock.

Two clowns I've had for years, one loves to bites you anytime you stick your hand in. Aka dominant fish and not shy. Big clown did immediately "adopt" the new clown before it died.

Now my two clown are hiding under overhangs or burying deep in my frogspawn. At night I noticed the big one hanging near the bottom and hit the glass a few times. Then I noticed the two "bumped each other". Also, they are it really eating. Tried frozen food, dried myosis shrimp with garlic or selcon, flake, pellets.

Not noticing any ich/brook/slime/fin rot yet. Been noticing the bahavior for about 4 days.

Setting up a qt tank but wanted to reach out for any thoughts. Sick, mating, clowns just being odd sometimes, etc. On hand I have formalin and cupramine, prazipro.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the fire fish doing?
Are the two old clowns breathing fast or heavy?
Can you post a short video?
While it is possible this is behavioral, I doubt that it is based on them not feeding...I’m worried that the new clown brought something into the tank. Without some additional symptom(s) though, I can’t tell you what it could be.

Jay

OP
OP
L

Lewloc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is the fire fish doing?
Are the two old clowns breathing fast or heavy?
Can you post a short video?
While it is possible this is behavioral, I doubt that it is based on them not feeding...I’m worried that the new clown brought something into the tank. Without some additional symptom(s) though, I can’t tell you what it could be.

Jay
Fire fish and dottyback are perfectly fine.

Larger clown seems to be breathing heavy. Smaller one was being spastic tonight. Videos too large so I'll retake in the morning before starting to move them. Thinking of a dip then qt for a few weeks to be safe

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 42 28.4%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 70 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back