Clownfish skin

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got two clownfish on Tuesday and came home from work and it looks like they both have a deterioration are their head behind there eye almost like something was picking at them but there is nothing in the tank… also seen no agresssion between them

IMG_2507.jpeg

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be getting worse by the house gf has a video from. 4 hours ago and it’s barely noticeable and now it’s like very bad

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Melted skin"? Does it look like the skin is shedding? Any dots or dusty looking stuff?

Try cleaning your glass and taking some closer up pics if possible.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can see it pretty good here

Weird - that looks like an injury/abrasion, but the rest of the fish has some cloudiness to its skin that looks like Brooklynella.

I don't suppose you have a treatment tank?
If so, a dip with Ruby Reef and then moving the fish to that and treating in-tank with Ruby Reef would be one way to proceed.

If you don't have a treatment tank, you could try a five minute freshwater dip. That carries some risk to it, and it won't cure the fish, but will buy you some time.

Jay

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird - that looks like an injury/abrasion, but the rest of the fish has some cloudiness to its skin that looks like Brooklynella.

I don't suppose you have a treatment tank?
If so, a dip with Ruby Reef and then moving the fish to that and treating in-tank with Ruby Reef would be one way to proceed.

If you don't have a treatment tank, you could try a five minute freshwater dip. That carries some risk to it, and it won't cure the fish, but will buy you some time.

Jay
I don’t think the orange storm is gonna make it she was laying on the sanded this morning not on her side but

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda of upset bc the system we started with all dry dry sand dry rock and was excited to not start with a clean system now this

If the problem is disease related, the fish likely brought it in with them. I think treating for Brooklynella would be the best course of action.

Jay

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back