159.1 KB · Views: 22

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What the seller has to say

Well, that could be, but if your tank has zero ammonia, then that isn't likely the issue. Another "rule out" is; are there any other animals in the tank not affected? If there are snails, corals, etc. that are doing fine, that points back to some fish disease issue, not water quality.

Jay

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to the seller and he said he breed them and his clownfish are in their own system and the two clownfish I purchased were in their own system for over a year so that leads me to what in my system could have cause this !!!

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Talked to the seller and he said he breed them and his clownfish are in their own system and the two clownfish I purchased were in their own system for over a year so that leads me to what in my system could have cause this !!!

How are the clownfish doing this morning?

I went back and re-read this thread. I didn't see - did you give us the actual water quality parameters? and I didn't see where you listed other animals in the tank.....

Jay

OP
OP
quickreefer

quickreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are the first inhabitants I finished cycling the tank maybe two weeks ago checked ammonia literally 5 min before putting them in and it was 0 all other parameters were on point

jpmazzone

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought... I saw some exposed glass on the bottom of your tank as if the flow had blown it clean. Could your flow be to high and maybe it is causing the fish to bang around the live rock when they are sleeping? Sounds crazy I know but I had my flow too high when I first started out and it really stressed by clown out. He would swim around frantically and had a similar looking injury. I dialed back the flow and he is fine now 8 months later.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 29.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 25.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back