Clownfish spawned for the first time

lilia

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 13, 2026
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Location
united states
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! My Picasso clownfish spawned for the first time on my Frogspawn coral. Im not sure if I should just leave them in my tank and let the tank do its thing, or if I should move them to a separate set up to hatch and raise them. Any advice on if I should raise them or just leave it alone?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6818.mov
    24.6 MB
Hi everyone! My Picasso clownfish spawned for the first time on my Frogspawn coral. Im not sure if I should just leave them in my tank and let the tank do its thing, or if I should move them to a separate set up to hatch and raise them. Any advice on if I should raise them or just leave it alone?
That’s really cool! I’ve had my pair for over four years and they have never spawned.
 
I leave it alone..... hatching and raising them is a sub-hobby in itself, it requires research and time and effort that I am not willing to give, just to end up with a tank full of clownfish, and what are you going to to do with a tank full of clownfish - know what I mean? that would be a big problem that I don't want
 
I leave it alone..... hatching and raising them is a sub-hobby in itself, it requires research and time and effort that I am not willing to give, just to end up with a tank full of clownfish, and what are you going to to do with a tank full of clownfish - know what I mean? that would be a big problem that I don't want
Exactly.

If you decide to raise a hatch you will have numerous opportunities in the future.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new