Clownfish swimming in corner?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2013
Messages
1,524
Reaction score
20
Location
Columbus Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up two percs today for about 10$ due to a huge sale, the smaller one is swimming up and down the wall of the tank, my occelarris in my main tank have never done this, is this normal?
 
I think that is totally normal for tank bred clowns. I have a pair and they did that for the first two months I had them. Now they spend their days in my frogspawn, but still return to the top corner of the tank to sleep.
 
i came home from work couple of months back and was kneeing down doing something next to our tank and i looked up and saw one of our precs lying in the coner next to the overflow. i said what happened to you, you looked great this morning. went to get some extraction tools and came back and the he was swimming just as happy as can be waiting to be feed!!!! after a few days of watching him i found that is where he goes for some "ME" time. just wish he wouldn't look so dead!!
 
I think that is totally normal for tank bred clowns. I have a pair and they did that for the first two months I had them. Now they spend their days in my frogspawn, but still return to the top corner of the tank to sleep.
I forgot to mention I have two BTAs that I bought ahead of time so I could get them big and healthy before the clownfish started loving on them. They pay no attention to them whatsoever!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new