Clownfish swimming in corner?

ohio reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up two percs today for about 10$ due to a huge sale, the smaller one is swimming up and down the wall of the tank, my occelarris in my main tank have never done this, is this normal?

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is totally normal for tank bred clowns. I have a pair and they did that for the first two months I had them. Now they spend their days in my frogspawn, but still return to the top corner of the tank to sleep.

scamp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i came home from work couple of months back and was kneeing down doing something next to our tank and i looked up and saw one of our precs lying in the coner next to the overflow. i said what happened to you, you looked great this morning. went to get some extraction tools and came back and the he was swimming just as happy as can be waiting to be feed!!!! after a few days of watching him i found that is where he goes for some "ME" time. just wish he wouldn't look so dead!!

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think that is totally normal for tank bred clowns. I have a pair and they did that for the first two months I had them. Now they spend their days in my frogspawn, but still return to the top corner of the tank to sleep.
I forgot to mention I have two BTAs that I bought ahead of time so I could get them big and healthy before the clownfish started loving on them. They pay no attention to them whatsoever!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 108 81.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.5%
Back