Clownfish swimming like crazy

Rodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys I got a new clownfish he is swimming like crazy along the glass. When I turn off the pump he stops swimming like crazy I am not sure what his means exactly, but if anyone knows why he is swimming like crazy along the glass I would be thankful. I just find it so odd how when I turn the pump off he is relaxed. (I have a 32 g bio cube that I have had since November)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, eating ok ? pics ? short video will help, click on help link in my signature , the more info the better .

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A video would help a lot (as mentioned).
Clowns are well known for their weird behaviors, so strange for any fish doesn’t necessarily apply to them.
That hahah. The medics need a video and water info and stuff to determine if its a clown doing clown things or if he is sick

j.falk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
They all do that when new to a tank, turn your light off and let him chill out for 24 hours...and don't try to feed him...he won't eat until he calms down.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hi guys I got a new clownfish he is swimming like crazy along the glass. When I turn off the pump he stops swimming like crazy I am not sure what his means exactly, but if anyone knows why he is swimming like crazy along the glass I would be thankful. I just find it so odd how when I turn the pump off he is relaxed. (I have a 32 g bio cube that I have had since November)
very typical behavior when it sees its own reflection.

OP
OP
R

Rodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here is a vid of him swimming
My Nitrite is 0
ammonia 0
calcium 430
dkh 11
nitrate 14
ph between 8-8.2
mg 1100

Let me know if anything seems off here, but maybe I am just stressing for no reason.

Attachments

• IMG_2350.mov
    45.7 MB
  • IMG_2350.mov
    45.7 MB

Zero_Cool

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stray voltage from the pump?

Knight420

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It could be a million different reasons. If it's a lone clown it could think it's reflection is another clown. They like to be in pairs. I would also check ammonia, nitrite levels also chlorine

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back