Clownfish swimming like hes on crack

Afreed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please watch this video and help me determine whats wrong with them and how i can cure or fix it idk whats wrong tried looking online got nowhere. I already looked all over their bodies saw no dots like fogginess or anything they look normal besides how they’re swimming, also they never use to do this. Nevermind my videos wont work but the title stands, both of my clownfish are acting like crackheads. They like dive bomb towards the sand bed flicking their bodies and sometimes theyre like twitchings idk how to explain it really wish i could post a video.

fishywishy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try taking a video and then post it as a a private video on YouTube then send the link. but this sounds like a problem with your water.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol looks normal to me. Are these your first clowns? Mine are always swimming in the sand.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please watch this video and help me determine whats wrong with them and how i can cure or fix it idk whats wrong tried looking online got nowhere. I already looked all over their bodies saw no dots like fogginess or anything they look normal besides how they’re swimming, also they never use to do this. Nevermind my videos wont work but the title stands, both of my clownfish are acting like crackheads. They like dive bomb towards the sand bed flicking their bodies and sometimes theyre like twitchings idk how to explain it really wish i could post a video.
Are they crashing into the sand or just jerkying around acting weird. The latter would be courtship, aka "Falling in love is like being on crack,"
Pbs Nature Dance GIF by Nature on PBS

OP
OP
A

Afreed1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they crashing into the sand or just jerkying around acting weird. The latter would be courtship, aka "Falling in love is like being on crack,"
Pbs Nature Dance GIF by Nature on PBS
I dont know really if u scroll up there’s a video around the ending is when u see the one like swimming and going towards the sand like a maniac

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know really if u scroll up there’s a video around the ending is when u see the one like swimming and going towards the sand like a maniac
Agree. How long have they been abusing crack? (I don't know what they are up too.)

sp314

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two new Wyoming white clowns and the larger of the two does that as well but only when I turn the lights on. I don’t know what it is. But I am worried alittle.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
possible you have too much flow? that can cause clowns to swim aggressively like that. I wouldn't worry about them being near the sand, mine do that from time to time.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look normal to me. To be sure take another video using white lighting and try to get closer view. Blue is awful for any kind of pics or videos.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
link for the video hopefully some conclusion can be formed.

Looking at the video, I think they got some bad meth that's making them spaz out. Try adding charcoal to the filtration to remove the drugs?

Seems like the drug epidemic in Amerca has impacted the clownfish breeding community really hard. I hope they get treatment for their problems.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 52 74.3%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back