OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temporarily it will be fine - just be sure to provide aeration for it with an airstone.
Update he got a bit closer too the food but wasn't interested I'm going to try again later if he doesn't eat what should I do I feel bad that it's starting to get to him

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s tough to say what to do - there’s no evidence that suggests disease to me, so it’s there aren’t many treatment options there. Otherwise all you can do is keep trying - but there is a point when fish starve for so long they digest their livers and do not survive.

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s tough to say what to do - there’s no evidence that suggests disease to me, so it’s there aren’t many treatment options there. Otherwise all you can do is keep trying - but there is a point when fish starve for so long they digest their livers and do not survive.
Oh man he died today I went out for a while he was fine in the morning but he was dead when I came back. What could I do better next time to prevent this my parms aren't a problem to my knowledge I've already posted, my salinity was 1.025

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear - have you noticed any worms or such exiting the fish’s body?
If not, I’d guess this was an issue based on aggression from the other clown, who forced it to starve to death.
In the future, if you try to repair the clown, get one significantly smaller than the other. It also wouldn’t hurt to crush up pellets and chop up the frozen foods into smaller pieces so it easier for the small clowns to eat (I had to do this with my small occys to get them food).

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear - have you noticed any worms or such exiting the fish’s body?
If not, I’d guess this was an issue based on aggression from the other clown, who forced it to starve to death.
In the future, if you try to repair the clown, get one significantly smaller than the other. It also wouldn’t hurt to crush up pellets and chop up the frozen foods into smaller pieces so it easier for the small clowns to eat (I had to do this with my small occys to get them food).
Nah I didn't see any worms and I'm surprised that the smaller clown was dominant. Isn't it based on size that clowns go through the whole changing genders process? Anyway I don't want it to be alone so would my other clown do the same thing to other fish I introduce into the tank suck as a gramma or blue streak?

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue streak?
Usually the big clown is the dominant one, but I’ve actually seen a lot of cases recently on here where the smaller one wound up being the aggressor. Most likely that one was the female and would soon become the larger.
Tank size and scape plays a big role in keeping clowns with others, often rearranging the scape upon introduction of a new fish helps. Also fish that occupy different spaces tend to fare better as they are not a direct competitor.

OP
OP
Matt Bravo

Matt Bravo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue streak?
Usually the big clown is the dominant one, but I’ve actually seen a lot of cases recently on here where the smaller one wound up being the aggressor. Most likely that one was the female and would soon become the larger.
Tank size and scape plays a big role in keeping clowns with others, often rearranging the scape upon introduction of a new fish helps. Also fish that occupy different spaces tend to fare better as they are not a direct competitor.
Blue streak cleaner wrasse sorry for not specifying anyway I didn't want to leave my other clown alone so I got a small gramma from a different store and it just found a little place on the sand bed in a lil cave is this normal? I turned the lights off and I'm guessing it's just moving stage

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Grammas are known hiders, it’s not surprising that it instantly found a cave.
Having multiple fish in a tank is more for our enjoyment than theirs - schooling fish are the only ones that get “lonely,” the rest couldn’t care less.
Blue streak cleaner is good but needs at least 75 gallons.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back