Clownfish tail disappearing… tailrot?

tjcloudy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m new to this forum

I would really appreciate some help in identifying what is affecting my clown. I got her a week ago from my lfs. From the beginning I noticed that her tail was a little ragged, but I assumed it was from other fish nipping at the store. However since then it’s gotten a lot worse. I’m not too sure how to treat it as I don’t know what it is and I’m fairly new to the hobby.
The tank was set up two months ago with corals being added at the one month mark.
My ammonia and nitrite are at zero and my nitrates are between 10-15. Salinity is at 1.027 which is a little high.
I’ve added some photos to help with identifying what may be wrong with her.
Thank you in advance
A7D48CF5-6A69-4944-937C-BB41D1BF3CD0.jpeg
9BF525FE-2332-4DAB-B339-0E4A1D44E169.jpeg

SaltTank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys I’m new to this forum

I would really appreciate some help in identifying what is affecting my clown. I got her a week ago from my lfs. From the beginning I noticed that her tail was a little ragged, but I assumed it was from other fish nipping at the store. However since then it’s gotten a lot worse. I’m not too sure how to treat it as I don’t know what it is and I’m fairly new to the hobby.
The tank was set up two months ago with corals being added at the one month mark.
My ammonia and nitrite are at zero and my nitrates are between 10-15. Salinity is at 1.027 which is a little high.
I’ve added some photos to help with identifying what may be wrong with her.
Thank you in advance
A7D48CF5-6A69-4944-937C-BB41D1BF3CD0.jpeg
9BF525FE-2332-4DAB-B339-0E4A1D44E169.jpeg
hi @tjcloudy …… did you get this figured out ? I’m having a very similar issue with cloud fish i purchased last week.

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi @tjcloudy …… did you get this figured out ? I’m having a very similar issue with cloud fish i purchased last week.
Not sure how these have slipped through the cracks on this site. At the top of the disease forum there is a sticky with pertinent information needed to help a diagnosis. I'd recommend starting a post and including that info. Once you have it tag @Jay Hemdal or @vetteguy53081

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how these have slipped through the cracks on this site. At the top of the disease forum there is a sticky with pertinent information needed to help a diagnosis. I'd recommend starting a post and including that info. Once you have it tag @Jay Hemdal or @vetteguy53081
Sorry - I missed that one! I know what happened though: I scan for unanswered posts in the disease section. The OP replied to their own first post, so it didn't show up in my search and I presumed somebody was already helping them. I need to work on avoiding doing that though!

Jay

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back