Clownfish white stringy poop has black dots

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I quarantine him? He twitches sometimes, and I’m unsure if it’s from the black dots on him, which I suspect are coral stings because he rubs on the zoas. Additionally, he has white stringy poop, even though he eats frequently and does not appear stressed.
IMG_8993.jpeg
IMG_8986.jpeg IMG_8987.jpeg IMG_8985.jpeg IMG_8984.jpeg

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I quarantine him? He twitches sometimes, and I’m unsure if it’s from the black dots on him, which I suspect are coral stings because he rubs on the zoas. Additionally, he has white stringy poop, even though he eats frequently and does not appear stressed.
IMG_8993.jpeg
IMG_8986.jpeg IMG_8987.jpeg IMG_8985.jpeg IMG_8984.jpeg
Also two other fish cardinal and royal gramma they are fine and not aggressive towards him

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also two other fish cardinal and royal gramma they are fine and not aggressive towards him

Quarantine is used to treat certain diseases, but to also isolate new fish from others in your DT. Since the clownfish has already been in the tank with the other fish, isolation now won't help.

The black dot looks like a coral sting. How long have you had the clownfish?

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
The dots are hyper-melanization from skin reaction or sting from anemone or other coral. The white feces can be as simple as excess mucus in stomach lining especially if being fed mysis and brine shrimp exclusively
Feeding TDO pellets, LRS fish frenzy as examples will change this up

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quarantine is used to treat certain diseases, but to also isolate new fish from others in your DT. Since the clownfish has already been in the tank with the other fish, isolation now won't help.

Jay
2 months now he doesn’t have anything on outside I see besides a tiny mark on the first white ring behind his head

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dots are hyper-melanization from skin reaction or sting from anemone or other coral. The white feces can be as simple as excess mucus in stomach lining especially if being fed mysis and brine shrimp exclusively
Feeding TDO pellets, LRS fish frenzy as examples will change this up
Oh that’s exactly what I feed him brine and mysis blended together what could be reason for him twitching a little maybe from the dots thank you and Jay very much

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jay
Also forgot to add is it possible the twitching he is doing is from the coral stings? Thanks for your help!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tw
Oh that’s exactly what I feed him brine and mysis blended together what could be reason for him twitching a little maybe from the dots thank you and Jay very much
itching maybe but also can be from intimidation from other fish, start of brooklynella or pairing with other clown

OP
OP
S

saltwatertabk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tw

itching maybe but also can be from intimidation from other fish, start of brooklynella or pairing with other clown
Alright thanks and I see him rub on sand every rare once in a while I took all stressors to him out tank so he can be happy just a royal gramma and cardinal in tank which they all get along and never fight

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back