Clownfish with white stringy poo - prazipro or focus/metroplex?

PSU_Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Ive read some threads on here and am looking for input. I have a clown who's been in the tank a few months now with white stringy poop. No noticiable changes in eating, weight, color etc.

It seems like prazipro is "easier" but the seachem duo may be better for internal parasites. What is the consensus on this?

Idoc

Still Covid free!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
I'd feed General Cure mixed with Focus for binding to the food for 10-14 days twice per day. This treats both internal parasites and worms. But, sometimes white stringy poo isn't always an internal parasite...but if in doubt, treatment is a good choice.

Prazipro is typically dosed to the water column if the fish has stopped eating, or if you suspect external flukes. I have not used Seachem Duo, so no opinion on this medication.

Jay Hemdal

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Beware that oral medications are very often misapplied in terms of dosage. It is pretty tricky to dose just the right amount. Here is an article that explains some of the issues:

Jay

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
My clown had that once and then never again. Make sure you observe for a chronic issue and not over-reacting (like I almost did)

Have you ever had a Angelfish in your reef tank?

• Yes and it was a model citizen (tell us which one)

Votes: 178 33.4%
  • Yes but it did nip from time to time

Votes: 74 13.9%
  • Yes but I had to remove it because it went rogue

Votes: 33 6.2%
  • No but I would like to try one

Votes: 152 28.5%
  • No and not interested

Votes: 77 14.4%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 19 3.6%
Deltec