Clownfish won’t swim down

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So two days ago I picked up these two clownfish at my lfs they were sold to me as a bonded pair which I believed because they never left the other side for the ten minutes I watched them. As do as I finished animating then and set them free in my tank they went to opposite sides of the tank and haven’t gone back to each other. So I’m wondering if they will ever become a bombed pair? Second question is why are they only on the surface? They haven’t gone more than an inch and a half below the suave in the two day’s I’ve had them but at the store they were near the bottom of the tank. They do not have any trouble staying below the surface so I’m wondering if there is too much flow in the lower area do you think turning off the flow would help at all? Thanks in advance!

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are weird. Give them a little time. Mine sleep at the surface every night for the past 2 years

OP
OP
Woodchip

Woodchip

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok mine sleep floating belly up singing other times they are on their side floating but I just feed and they gorged themselves so I think they are fine I just wanted to make sure it wasn’t something I wasn’t seeing.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1617206371438.gif

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 19.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back