Clownfish

Eradliff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i’m concerned about my frost bite clown, he’s in with a Wyoming white and the white one has grown much faster, i’m not concerned about size but how the frostbite is looking, he’s pretty skinny and getting black or darker spots on him, i’m adding some photos to this. (ignore the closed corals i turned on the light just to take photos of the clowns )

The white clown is almost double the size of him although it’s hard to tell in the photo.

IMG_0917.jpeg IMG_0914.jpeg IMG_0916.jpeg

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, i’m concerned about my first bite clown, he’s in with a Wyoming white and the white one has grown much faster, i’m not concerned about size but how the frostbite is looking, he’s pretty skinny and getting black or darker spots on him, i’m adding some photos to this. (ignore the closed corals i turned on the light just to take photos of the clowns )

The white clown is almost double the size of him although it’s hard to tell in the photo.

IMG_0917.jpeg IMG_0914.jpeg IMG_0916.jpeg
First Bite Clown is right. Lol

Ones male ones female. Size differences normal.

OP
OP
E

Eradliff

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First Bite Clown is right. Lol

Ones male ones female. Size differences normal.
Frost whoops , and okay cool i just wanted to be sure, i don’t want him to die. I have a larger black clown i could swap him with but dont wanna stress them too bad unless necessary

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typically the more dominant fish, the female, steals most of the food causing the male to grow slower. It does look a bit thin but not that bad, try feeding more or target feeding the male.
The black spots are likely just coloration changing with age. They could also be stings from corals/anemones from trying to be hosted.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 89 75.4%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back