Clowning Around or an Issue?

G&B Reefing

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2024
Messages
154
Reaction score
146
Location
midwest
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a clownfish that has been laying on the sand on and off the last week. See pictures.

Typically this has only occurred in the mornings after the lights turn on. When i get close to the glass to investigate she swims off like nothing is wrong. She is eating fine and still bites my hand when i stick it in the tank.

Is this a normal thing others have with their clowns? Could this be a more serious issue? Maybe getting ready to lay eggs?

Looking for your thoughts!

IMG_3180.jpeg image.jpg
 
My male used to do this but now that he hangs out in my group of BTA's all day, he no longer does.
 
I have seen similar things. Does not seem worrisome if eating.
 
I have seen similar things. Does not seem worrisome if eating.
 
My two clowns alternate doing this...One will do it for a week or so... then the other... I'm fairly certain they're just being overdramatic and sassy.
 
If it is eating fine, not breathing hard, and not showing signs of distress, then I would not be worried.
 
that's "clownfish being clownfish" they just have weird behavior. Mine swim in the corners vertically of the tank every once in awhile.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new