Clowns been spawning!

bustayanky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,
I've had a pair of Onyx (female) and Grade A Picasso (male) for about 3 years now and for the past 5 months they've been spawning. I'm super stoked and excited. I was just wondering how hard is it to actually raise the fries? I'm thinking about setting up a growout system for them. Only thing is the rotifers and phytoplankton. I'm not sure how to do all those. I want to make it simple. Well here's my pair spawning for the first or second time I can't remember:

Clowns laying eggs :: afb76e8d.mp4 video by bustayanky - Photobucket
WILL

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow I love that! Congrats!

REEFKEEPER10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man it must be breeding season for clownfish but mine didn't get the memo. Lol. Congrats.

temper76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a nice pair ,I have something similar I have a onyx n a platinum a lot of cleaning but no cigars ,what's the lineage on both of your clowns

fishboyt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! If you're going to attempt to raise them, you should probably pull the eggs out soon.

OP
OP
B

bustayanky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You all for the kind words!

Here's a link to a quick write up I did. Long story short, it's not that hard!

https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/fi...-clownfish-breeding-project-4.html#post733937

Hey Jason, I'll definitely give that a read. Thanks for the info!

That's a nice pair ,I have something similar I have a onyx n a platinum a lot of cleaning but no cigars ,what's the lineage on both of your clowns

Hey Temper, The female is a wild caught Onyx and the male is from a breeder named Doni of Donisreef (dot) com.

oceancube

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that male is sweet, i had one of donis first snowcassos and i sold it, i kinda regreat it now but it's in great hands, for some reason doni's fish are always on top of the nice looking list, kudos to her for her ****** fish and you for raising a very unique looking clown....now collect some eggs....

OP
OP
B

bustayanky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that male is sweet, i had one of donis first snowcassos and i sold it, i kinda regreat it now but it's in great hands, for some reason doni's fish are always on top of the nice looking list, kudos to her for her ****** fish and you for raising a very unique looking clown....now collect some eggs....

Yeah she used to really have nice ones and good pricing. I feel like nowadays it's a bit pricier and the markings aren't as nice.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 63 43.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 47.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.3%
Back