Clowns killed Bangii?

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I have a 35 hex tank with an Ocellaris Clown and a Blood Orange Clown. They get along great but I just moved 2 Bangii Cardinals up from quarantine and 3 days later one of the Bangii Cardinals is floating and swirling in the tank. I scooped it up and took it back down to the quarantine but it doesn't look good. Could my Clowns have killed it. The Bangiis got along fine in the quarantine tank. They had been quarantined for 4 weeks and looked great with no signs of parasites or disease. I don't know if they were Male and Female. Water parameters are good. Also in the tank are some small corals, 1 Kenya tree, 2 toadstool leathers and 2 mushrooms.

Any insight would be very helpful. I am planning on moving everything down to my 120 DT when I get it up and running.

Thanks

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are very territorial. You should use an acclimation box when adding them because they’ve claimed the whole tank by now

OP
OP
TroyClark

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, should I add the clowns last when the 120 is up and running or will it be big enough (18 x 60 x 26) to diffuse the situation? I eventually want them in the 120 DT as well as other fish and inverts.

OP
OP
TroyClark

TroyClark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got home and the Bangii was dead. The other one is looking great and swimming with the clowns no problem. Maybe it was a Bangii fight?

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 34 19.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 134 76.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.4%
Back