Clowns killing my frogspawn

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnnyg.
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnnyg.

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2017
Messages
86
Reaction score
45
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys I’ve got a nuvo 10 with a pair of snowflake clowns. They recently began hosting a nice piece of frogspawn I’ve had for maybe 7 months. It’s done great so far. Went from two heads to four. I recently noticed the “skin” on the frogspawn underneath the head on the skeleton getting
53C7BCCF-1348-4B9D-AF25-F60186D4C943.jpeg
DF11F0C1-95E0-4764-96DD-6C64C1B0DFEB.jpeg
ED804C89-B0E0-4084-A024-D8702518E461.jpeg
irritated. Now it’s almost bare on the top side where they host. Should I pull it out and put it in my larger reef or does this not matter so much as long as the head itself is ok?
 
That’s Hammer coral btw and the clowns will eventually kill it so I would remove it
 
FWIW I have a pair of Clownfish that just destroyed a Duncan coral once before. Now they make a Bubble coral their home and all is well. Go figure... GL.
 
Yes hammer coral. Duhh . I feel bad pulling it out but I’d feel worse if it died. Thanks guys.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new