Clowns loosing black coloring

Chelsie

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2016
Messages
406
Reaction score
294
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a frostbite clown and a phantom clown both babies still. When I bought them the black coloring was pretty dark but I noticed that since they have been in my tank their colors change. The change seems most drastic when the light changes from a whiter color to the blue. White light=paler black, blue light=darker black.
Iv heard rumors about the melanin(?)in their skin having something to do with this. Wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this and if the melanin thing has and validity.

IMG_1047.JPG


IMG_1071.JPG
 
I'm not sure about the melanin thing, but I have a pair of true percula that appeared to be almost Onxy with black markings from the center to the rear white stripe. It took a couple of years but the black coloration on the back half of the fish eventually changed to more of a standard true percula coloration on the back half. It seems like I remember people telling me that it wasn't that uncommon of an occurrence.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new