Clowns sticking to top corner

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got two clowns today and they seem to have found their home at the top left corner of the tank, literally on the overflow. This one is the backup so it doesn’t actually flow but I just wanted to see if this is normal. Also I saw a very similar post to this saying something about their breathing, what is considered a normal pace for clownfish that size?

AAA274D8-8DEA-4B52-8438-7D4E143A58F6.jpeg D326824D-EE56-4995-A438-61209153A053.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2399.MOV
    56.3 MB

Gedxin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see their mouths in your video so it's difficult to see signs of rapid breathing. I wouldn't suggest you touch them though, they're most likely just stressed out and are still getting used to their new tank (touching will increase their stress.)

How did you acclimate them to you tank?

ARCkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a pair that hung out at the surface next to the overflow for over a year. One baby BTA managed to anchor on the glass just before being drawn into the overflow and the clowns claimed it as theirs. It was priceless watching them jump out of the water trying to reach it during water changes! The anemone eventually moved to a safer spot and the clowns followed it.

OP
OP
jonleeroyix

jonleeroyix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't see their mouths in your video so it's difficult to see signs of rapid breathing. I wouldn't suggest you touch them though, they're most likely just stressed out and are still getting used to their new tank (touching will increase their stress.)

How did you acclimate them to you tank?
I floated the bag in the tank, and added 1/2 cup of tank water every 5 minutes dumping out half every so often until the salinity levels were the same as the tanks. the Salinity of the water they came in was actually around 39 ppt, so i ended up having to slowly dilute it with my tanks 35 ppt

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 17.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 42.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back