Clowns won’t breed.

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so I’ve got a mated pair of clowns that I’ve had for two years and they just refuse to breed. I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong they’ve hosted to a clay pot and they clean it regularly. My waters fairly clean and I have really good parameters so what am I doing wrong?

ps. There names are coral and midnight I’m sure you can’t guess who’s who lol.
2AD03021-81DF-4DF6-96D8-48FF075559FD.jpeg

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had my paired for a little over 4 years. Their mated but not breeding. It will happen when or if it happens. But over all raising fry isn't why I got into the hobby. I love fish and I love just relaxing and drink a pop and watch the fish in my DT. It's relaxing.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Mine took close to three years and I now have 4 breeding pair. Its up to them, tank conditions and compatability

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my mollies mate. I didn't plan on it. I didn't even notice until one day doing maintenance. I caught them in my sump and moved them to my DT. Sure enough they found there way back to the sump. Caught them and back into my DT. Next day I looked and back in the sump again. So I just left them there. Now today I caught as many as I could and back in my DT. There schooling together which is fine. And no other fish are bothering them. So now instead of four dalmatian mollies I have 20 total

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anything I can do to speed up the process? I’ve tried disco music but I don’t think there in to that lol

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my mollies mate. I didn't plan on it. I didn't even notice until one day doing maintenance. I caught them in my sump and moved them to my DT. Sure enough they found there way back to the sump. Caught them and back into my DT. Next day I looked and back in the sump again. So I just left them there. Now today I caught as many as I could and back in my DT. There schooling together which is fine. And no other fish are bothering them. So now instead of four dalmatian mollies I have 20 total
I’ve done that to except I probably had over 300 within two months so I ended up selling them and now I want some baby clowns. Is it possible to have a school of clowns if they grow up together?

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe food? Everything I have had pairs of spawns when mature...

Wrasse
Mandarins/Scooters
Clowns
Filefish
Pipefish

are the pairs I have had and every one of them spawned.

I feed frozen LRS and live foods.

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe food? Everything I have had pairs of spawns when mature...

Wrasse
Mandarins/Scooters
Clowns
Filefish
Pipefish

are the pairs I have had

I feed frozen LRS and live foods.
I know for sure the female is mature I’m not sure on the male. How long until he will mature?

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm waiting for my Valentino puffers to mate. Not sure on the sex of them. But one is 4 inches and the other is 2 inches. If they were both male or female I figured they would fight each other. But they swim together and no issues between the two.

OP
OP
MysticBlue

MysticBlue

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Males don't seem to take as long... maybe a year.

Low stress and food... make sure no other tank mates are bothering them.
Well I did just put them in a bigger tank so I’ll wait a year and see but I really want baby clowns!!!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 31 40.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 39 51.3%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 6 7.9%
Back