CLT - Landen 60P AIO - 26g

Matt2939

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 22, 2013
Messages
69
Reaction score
56
Location
Charlotte NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so jumping back in after years out. I wanted to post about this tank/stand since when doing my research I couldn't find much about them. Attached are the stock photos of the tank. $299 for the tank and $299 for the stand off Amazon, free shipping. For this size tank it was one of the better deals I could find.

61iwlP1+tzL._AC_SX679_.jpg 61KcD2AKU3L._AC_SX466_.jpg
 
Probably the best shipping/packing job I’ve seen in a tank that didn’t ship on a pallet.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0309.jpeg
    IMG_0309.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 189
Following along!
 
Another interesting thing about this Landen aquarium is the AIO filtration dividers are dark/black glass. In the past tanks I had the filtration dividers were all some type of acrylic, and the back glass panel was always clear. I like the glass filtration dividers, seems like an upgrade, but the back glass I was hoping would be clear, or maybe just a piece of black laminate on the back.

I wanted to use one of the filtration chambers as a refugium with a Nano-glo or Acke led light shining through the rear. I really don't want an over the top light. Any suggestions for a fuge light that is maybe drop in, or submersible? The back panel is somewhat see through, but I don't think enough to grow macro through it.

IMG_0315.jpg
 
Just got some rock in from Premium Aquatics. I got the below pieces off their site for anyone who is trying to compare how it looks online with what you receive. I would say first impression I am very impressed. These 3 pieces seem to be the perfect fit for this size aquarium also.

Tropic Eden Morroca Rock - Irregular Branch 10"-12"
$25.91

Tropic Eden Morroca Branch Rock - Tripod Long Stem 10"-12"
$35.09

Tropic Eden Morroca Rock - Shrub Branch 15"-16"
$59.39
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_0325.jpg
    IMG_0325.jpg
    279.7 KB · Views: 201
Here is the return pump that came with the Landen tank. I wasn't sure what to expect since I have never heard of this brand. First impression is this pump is amazing. It has little controller that can change to rate of from 1-10, has a feeding mode, and a wavemaker mode where it fluctuates from 1 to 10 flow speed. I just filled up with water and put in some sand, so not really sure yet if the amount of flow at 10 will be enough yet.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    159.7 KB · Views: 183
Got the rock and sand in. Water still a little cloudy. The sand is Caribsea Bimini Pink
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_0339.jpg
    IMG_0339.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 178
Updated with a barnacles cluster added. Can’t get a decent picture with lights on. Probably need that orphek light filter.

IMG_0355.jpeg
 
IMG_0528.jpeg


Updated tank shot. Got some corals and a YWG and pistol shrimp. Thinking I might let the floating rock just become a zoa garden.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0529.jpeg
    IMG_0529.jpeg
    284.7 KB · Views: 181
For anyone considering this tank, I found it on AliExpress for $220. Psyched for a new build. Nice looking setup. Following...
 
I have a 65p (26g) and cabinet that should be arriving this Saturday. How are you liking the AI Prime on this tank? I know the 26g has a 24" length so I'm wondering if one fixture would have enough spread for my setup.
 
I have a 65p (26g) and cabinet that should be arriving this Saturday. How are you liking the AI Prime on this tank? I know the 26g has a 24" length so I'm wondering if one fixture would have enough spread for my setup.
I personally think the Ai Prime16 is more than enough for this size tank. I will only be keeping softies and LPS though. Here is my current lighting schedule. I started a lot higher intensity, and then had to keep back down until torch looked happy.
IMG_0622.png
 
A video of my serpent star trying to catch food in the water during mealtime. He’s crazy
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0803.mov
    22.5 MB

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new