Club elections 2022

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone doesn't seem like anything's going to happen with the current b o d so I would like to start things up again. I want to Rebrand the club ( I've always hated the name), change the way it's run and get things going. I want to simplify how it's run, make it easy to manage and make it a fun place to be. I have ideas but I need help implementing them right now, most importantly somebody with any IT knowledge would be great. @MikeJ had a great idea about getting involved with frag farmers which would be a perfect way to kick off a new club. I would like to have no dues for the first year to try to encourage people to join, I would like to give some value to the people who joined last year who sustains the club for one more season, I believe we can fun activities for the upcoming year with the existing balance from the CTARS club as well as possibly selling Club T-shirts if people are interested in that. My idea is to break down the club into smaller countywide chapters which are inter wolven into a Statewide Club. The chapters can have meetings as well as statewide meetings virtual meetings. I'd like to see what kind of Interest we have now in this concept so I will start threads for each County and see who wants to sign up. I know this is bypassing the group's bylaws and elections things like that but I think it's necessary to move forward. Again if anyone has website it experience shoot me a message. If you like the idea let me know and if you hate the idea let me know and if you have anything different you like let me know too. Thanks Kurt

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it simple and straight to the point Connecticut Reef Club. And just a quick idea for a logo. Except I forgot to add some Coral. Oops

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210124-094444.jpg
    Screenshot_20210124-094444.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 36

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kurt, love the idea.
I didn't like that name either when it was adopted. What are the bylaws for "taking over" the club? Is this mutany? Lol.
We can all submit a name and logo and have a vote.
As for meetings in different counties, I suggest just doing them at local fish stores for now. That will keep costs down.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly I'm a little uncomfortable at taking the lead role here without the membership voting on me but as the board is not doing anything.I'm not really sure how else anything is going to get going. I I don't know what the bylaws have to say about any of this but I do know the club has been struggling for years and if something isn't done now it won't be much of a club that we have to worry about. The name and logo is just an idea because I want the club to be different than what we've been struggling with. I wanted to be better than it was and a new name and logo to reflect that. I do like Connecticut Reef Club because it's simple and straightforward, but if somebody has something better that's fine too. The logo was just an idea. I'd like a logo for the club that we can put on T-shirts but that's really something we don't have to worry about until we get this thing going. Although it would be nice to have something for FFM.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And yes, fish stores is a great place to have meetings.

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am aboard with this.

Other concern is trying to get members. Specially getting the people who have dropped off or no longer pay attention to the page. I know there are many reefers who are in the area and reaching out to lfs letting them know we are here and a community

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am aboard with this.

Other concern is trying to get members. Specially getting the people who have dropped off or no longer pay attention to the page. I know there are many reefers who are in the area and reaching out to lfs letting them know we are here and a community
I posted on Facebook as well. FFM would be a great opportunity.

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I see is the clubs would have to apply for new 503c tax status with a new name . Had anyone kept any books I know there was a club credit card. Who was the last president that has all that information?

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only problem I see is the clubs would have to apply for new 503c tax status with a new name . Had anyone kept any books I know there was a club credit card. Who was the last president that has right on that
Yes I believe you're right on that it would be a transition process and take some time to switch it to a new format. I was involved with the board last year and I just don't see the past system as a viable way to move forward and grow the club

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dan Here is the link to the board.
I've tried to get something going with them over the last several months but haven't had any success. I'm not exactly sure what happened . They are all good guys but it's been challenging getting things going. People have things going on in their own lives which take precedence over the club, add in covid and the summertime drop off just been tough to get something moving here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back