Club elections 2022

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Folks, Sorry I haven't done much. It's a long story. I've only hear from Aaron and there is a good amount of money in the account for the club. The suggestion would be everyone who paid last year gets free this year. I also have a bunch of stuff at my house that the club can take. Its a bunch of boxes with promotional stuff that was dumped on me. I tried to get a bod meeting together but only Kurt was available. I'll try to get in touch with aaron to sort out the money. I can help in a limited capacity but I won't have much time this year.

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice job on the shirts... Marketing is Key. Passing them out to LFS is a great idea.

Reef Management LLC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone doesn't seem like anything's going to happen with the current b o d so I would like to start things up again. I want to Rebrand the club ( I've always hated the name), change the way it's run and get things going. I want to simplify how it's run, make it easy to manage and make it a fun place to be. I have ideas but I need help implementing them right now, most importantly somebody with any IT knowledge would be great. @MikeJ had a great idea about getting involved with frag farmers which would be a perfect way to kick off a new club. I would like to have no dues for the first year to try to encourage people to join, I would like to give some value to the people who joined last year who sustains the club for one more season, I believe we can fun activities for the upcoming year with the existing balance from the CTARS club as well as possibly selling Club T-shirts if people are interested in that. My idea is to break down the club into smaller countywide chapters which are inter wolven into a Statewide Club. The chapters can have meetings as well as statewide meetings virtual meetings. I'd like to see what kind of Interest we have now in this concept so I will start threads for each County and see who wants to sign up. I know this is bypassing the group's bylaws and elections things like that but I think it's necessary to move forward. Again if anyone has website it experience shoot me a message. If you like the idea let me know and if you hate the idea let me know and if you have anything different you like let me know too. Thanks Kurt
I'm interested I'm in shelton

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, sorry haven't been on R2R in a while, had no idea there was so much activity. Handful of thoughts...
Regarding mutanty, I don't have s copy of the bilaws in front of me but I'm pretty sure we just need someone to nominate folks, someone to second the nominations and then folks to vote. Typically we struggle get people on the board so it usually just takes having willing people.
Regarding the name, yeah, being registered with the state there would be paperwork. If there's a board and folks want to make that happen, great.
Speaking of the state, I paid the taxes so we are in good standing there and the club has about $2k to work with.
@kgstei give me a call or shoot me an email anytime.

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think we just need a couple people to step up and join the board and start holding events again. The challenge is finding people interested in help out.

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I think we just need a couple people to step up and join the board and start holding events again. The challenge is finding people interested in help out.
This statement is 100% accurate.
What positions of the CTARS board need filling?
And I don't think the CTARS name should be changed, just my 2 cents.
Folks, we are post-Covid and the weather is starting to be nice, we can even hold meetings outside if necessary!

Bill

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Folks, we are post-Covid and the weather is starting to be nice, we can even hold meetings outside if necessary!

Bill
Technically I think all the board positions need to be filled. I think every year we're supposed to vote in board members. I'm happy keep supporting the club as Tres unless someone else wants it. I know Kurt @kgstei was previously interested in Pres. Assuming he still is interested and the club votes approvingly on those two that would leave VP and secretary.

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bill
Technically I think all the board positions need to be filled. I think every year we're supposed to vote in board members. I'm happy keep supporting the club as Tres unless someone else wants it in which case I'm happy to hand it over. I know Kurt @kgstei was previously interested in Pres. Assuming he still is interested, and the club votes approvingly on those two, that would leave VP and secretary.

hans1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a long time. I am glad to see there is still some interest in the hobby. For those who may not know me, I was the President back around 2007 - 2010. Back then we had 275 members, met monthly at Lutz Children's Museum where we 75-100 members come out every month (sometimes we would bring in national speakers like Marc Levenson). We had yearly conferences either at Mohegan Sun or at a restaurant in New London. Those were good times, but it took a lot of time and politics got in the way.

If I had to do it over again, I would keep it simple. Once every other month or so invite fellow reefers to get together at a local fish store (we had to get away from that as we were having over 50 people attend, but for a small group it should be fine) and in the off month, someone set up a tank tour, each time in a different area of the state.

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys, I haven't been on here in a long time. I am glad to see there is still some interest in the hobby. For those who may not know me, I was the President back around 2007 - 2010. Back then we had 275 members, met monthly at Lutz Children's Museum where we 75-100 members come out every month (sometimes we would bring in national speakers like Marc Levenson). We had yearly conferences either at Mohegan Sun or at a restaurant in New London. Those were good times, but it took a lot of time and politics got in the way.

If I had to do it over again, I would keep it simple. Once every other month or so invite fellow reefers to get together at a local fish store (we had to get away from that as we were having over 50 people attend, but for a small group it should be fine) and in the off month, someone set up a tank tour, each time in a different area of the state.
@hans1976 any interest in rejoining the board? What your describing is pretty much exactly what we've been trying to do the last few years but covid, board members having births/deaths/family emergencies etc has lead to inconsistent results. As for politics, the board has been pretty free of politics or infighting for I think about 5 years or so but it's mostly been a revolving door a members reluctantly stepping in and taking a turn filling in a spot to keep the club going.

A.Jones

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nominate Bill for whatever role he wants to fill.
One more and we have a full ticket to vote on. Any one else? @hans1976 ?

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I nominate Bill for whatever role he wants to fill.
One more and we have a full ticket to vote on. Any one else? @hans1976 ?
What's filled and what's not?
Who is nominated for what?
How are we going forward? As Kurt described or as it's been?
I'm not sure how much time I can put in but I'm offering to add support in the club. Maybe as an alternate? IDK.

chevy4w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am willing to take the position of secretary of CTARS if this all comes together.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's filled and what's not?
Who is nominated for what?
How are we going forward? As Kurt described or as it's been?
I'm not sure how much time I can put in but I'm offering to add support in the club. Maybe as an alternate? IDK.
Dan that would be great.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Let's hope we can get it going again. Are you up to joining the board? We really need people to pitch in to get some things rolling.

hans1976

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the offer, but I am not in the hobby anymore. I wish you the best of luck and hope you can find a couple people to step up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back