Club elections 2022

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@kgstei glad to see you are trying to keep the club going. I’m with the Boston Reefers Sociaty as a BOD officer. It is a real job man for an unpaid position. Lol! Hope you are successful rebtranding the CTARS club I like the direction for the ne logo we just rebranded are logo also. Look forward to seeing you and your members emerge to the new club

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@kgstei glad to see you are trying to keep the club going. I’m with the Boston Reefers Sociaty as a BOD officer. It is a real job man for an unpaid position. Lol! Hope you are successful rebtranding the CTARS club I like the direction for the ne logo we just rebranded are logo also. Look forward to seeing you and your members emerge to the new club.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@kgstei glad to see you are trying to keep the club going. I’m with the Boston Reefers Sociaty as a BOD officer. It is a real job man for an unpaid position. Lol! Hope you are successful rebtranding the CTARS club I like the direction for the ne logo we just rebranded are logo also. Look forward to seeing you and your members emerge to the new club
Thanks I'm over on BRS quite a bit. Hopefully we can get this going. I'm hoping to restructure how the club operates to make it as easy to manage as possible. I'd really like to talk with you guys and learn how BRS is set up. It would be great if there was a template for follow to make operations as easy as possible.

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks I'm over on BRS quite a bit. Hopefully we can get this going. I'm hoping to restructure how the club operates to make it as easy to manage as possible. I'd really like to talk with you guys and learn how BRS is set up. It would be great if there was a template for follow to make operations as easy as possible.
The key is to get people in the officer positions who are willing to do some work. It has taken paul and I 4 years to get members on who really wanted to succeed bringing BRS back to the early 2000’s. I think this year could be an epic year for us with the amount of committed officers we have this year. Monthly officers meetings are so important to get things done. Zoom has been a life saver to keep things moving during this pandemic since in person meetings were virtually impossible. we also were even able to squeeze in a small frag show last september. I think the hardest part is keeping the members engaged and we have been trying really hard via the website forums also trying to add discussion content. Keep your eyes open on the site for our first club zoom meeting of the year.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for non bod’s to help out? I was thinking someone could start just showing their equipment, their diy’s, and how it works and just what they think about it vs other brands they have tried. Doesn’t have to be top production quality, just something to get some people engaged and interested possibly.

fltt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just a question.
Is there any reason to stay with ctars, we are talking about changing everything so why can't we just abandon the old club and start a new one?

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a question.
Is there any reason to stay with ctars, we are talking about changing everything so why can't we just abandon the old club and start
The biggest reason is that the current Club has some finances which in my thought allows us to generate membership without a fee for the first year. What makes sense to me right now is to introduce the concept to as many people and see where we have interest. I'd like to have a virtual meeting and fill all the current board positions. My idea is to have a representative from each of the eight counties on the board. We can use the current structure to build from there.

a new one?

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any suggestions for non bod’s to help out? I was thinking someone could start just showing their equipment, their diy’s, and how it works and just what they think about it vs other brands they have tried. Doesn’t have to be top production quality, just something to get some people engaged and interested possibly.
I think that's a great idea. I believe the clubs future is truly dependent upon having an active forum. It's really the place we can go to it anytime to be a part of the reading community. The major hurdle right now is that we can put a ton of content up here but there isn't whole lot of people viewing this forum right now. One of the things we have to move forward on pretty quickly is getting a table set up 4 the frag Farmers Market in March. That's going to be our best opportunity to reach a large number of people at one time. I think starting a separate thread on that would be a great idea. My initial thoughts would be to have a large bulletin board shaped-like the state of Connecticut separated into counties. People can fill out cards with their info and pin it on to their County. Maybe different colored cards for different counties.

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think that's a great idea. I believe the clubs future is truly dependent upon having an active forum. It's really the place we can go to it anytime to be a part of the reading community. The major hurdle right now is that we can put a ton of content up here but there isn't whole lot of people viewing this forum right now. One of the things we have to move forward on pretty quickly is getting a table set up 4 the frag Farmers Market in March. That's going to be our best opportunity to reach a large number of people at one time. I think starting a separate thread on that would be a great idea. My initial thoughts would be to have a large bulletin board shaped-like the state of Connecticut separated into counties. People can fill out cards with their info and pin it on to their County. Maybe different colored cards for different counties.
IMHO the clubs are buried so deeply on R2R for the local clubs I feel like most do not get past the FS posts and new posts.

SinCityRee4r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The only problem I see is the clubs would have to apply for new 503c tax status with a new name . Had anyone kept any books I know there was a club credit card. Who was the last president that has all that information?
also you need to make sure taxes were filed to mainan the 503c status of 3 years are missed than it cold have been lost especially with this covid stuff going on this could have been overlooked

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am aboard with this.

Other concern is trying to get members. Specially getting the people who have dropped off or no longer pay attention to the page. I know there are many reefers who are in the area and reaching out to lfs letting them know we are here and a community
Hopefully we will be at FFM in March. Thats our big opportunity to reach people .

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent a few minutes this morning on this, i the things I threw together are just base ideas but my point in making it is not everything needs a clown fish. I have enough shirts with clown fish lol

Attachments

• 3B7F722F-708C-451D-97C7-46BF8CAC84D9.png
    3B7F722F-708C-451D-97C7-46BF8CAC84D9.png
    393.8 KB · Views: 43
  • 6F73019B-2E11-4FAA-B7D6-47BD0430C6DD.png
    6F73019B-2E11-4FAA-B7D6-47BD0430C6DD.png
    476.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 72534EA7-5FD8-49C2-A983-99BD83CBDD51.png
    72534EA7-5FD8-49C2-A983-99BD83CBDD51.png
    511.9 KB · Views: 40
  • 7B1807A1-483E-4F3C-B2EC-7FD35EC5CDA2.png
    7B1807A1-483E-4F3C-B2EC-7FD35EC5CDA2.png
    431.9 KB · Views: 41

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made them on zazzle.com, I use it for my boat detailing company shirts so I know it’s legit and my work shirts hold up great minus the bleach stains. There may be cheaper or better places.

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Driving to work it just occurred to me, it’s winter, the point in making shirts is for people to see them. Sweatshirts and hoodies would make more sense. T-shirts could be made and handed out to lfs owners potentially I’m hopes they wear them in the store. Also just realized this is the wrong thread to be posting this in.

OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made them on zazzle.com, I use it for my boat detailing company shirts so I know it’s legit and my work shirts hold up great minus the bleach stains. There may be cheaper or better places.
Those are nice!

JakeAndAmanda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m not good at this but just trying to help come up with ideas

Attachments

• F6D2CB4D-DFA6-4386-8F3A-BB7225765935.png
    F6D2CB4D-DFA6-4386-8F3A-BB7225765935.png
    448.1 KB · Views: 44
  • 3576BCC5-D4B9-4FB3-8520-2815432E1D2E.png
    3576BCC5-D4B9-4FB3-8520-2815432E1D2E.png
    603.2 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
kgstei

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Driving to work it just occurred to me, it’s winter, the point in making shirts is for people to see them. Sweatshirts and hoodies would make more sense. T-shirts could be made and handed out to lfs owners potentially I’m hopes they wear them in the store. Also just realized this is the wrong thread to be posting this in.
It won't be winter much longer. And yes the more threads the merrier we will be. New Idea new thread.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back