Club Status?

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with 2020 behind us (and never to be spoken of again), where do we stand with the club status starting 2021?

With the current state of the pandemic, people opening their homes for close proximity in-person meetings is understandably out of the question.

That being said, things like equipment rental & the coral library should still be feasible. A new PAR meter was purchased about half a year ago & has been unavailable for members to use due to the club hibernation. I don't know about anyone else, but I've made multiple lighting changes over the past year (and plan to make more very soon) & paying $50 for a short PAR meter rental from BRS seems like a waste when it could go towards the club.

@cale0721 or @BlueDevil , any updates for us?

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with 2020 behind us (and never to be spoken of again), where do we stand with the club status starting 2021?

With the current state of the pandemic, people opening their homes for close proximity in-person meetings is understandably out of the question.

That being said, things like equipment rental & the coral library should still be feasible. A new PAR meter was purchased about half a year ago & has been unavailable for members to use due to the club hibernation. I don't know about anyone else, but I've made multiple lighting changes over the past year (and plan to make more very soon) & paying $50 for a short PAR meter rental from BRS seems like a waste when it could go towards the club.

@cale0721 or @BlueDevil , any updates for us?
Honestly, Brandon, you are the only person asking about the club these days LOL!

if you wanna go ahead and pay your $20 membership dues for 2021 in the understanding club is still pretty limited so you can use the par meter than Yash or I can hand off the meter to you. Once the meter is handed off to you, you get it for 7 days and then there needs to be arrangements for it to be picked up/handed off.

ZIGGY63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im just waiting for a post one day from the bod announcing a meeting date. but with all thats going on, and I dont know how many members we have now.

I know two people is not an encouraging number

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im just waiting for a post one day from the bod announcing a meeting date. but with all thats going on, and I dont know how many members we have now.

Yeah unfortunately our member count was low prior to the pandemic so we don’t assume it would be a good idea for in person gatherings at peoples houses etc right now.

BlueDevil

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I think the challenge right now is finding a place to have a meeting at. I doubt many people would want to have a bunch of people at their house and most stores will likely not allow us either.
Outdoors is about the only option which given the weather is tough too.

ZIGGY63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear ya , all we can really do is just wait it out. I hate to say that but nothing we can do

OP
OP
Schreiber

Schreiber

Leviathan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, Brandon, you are the only person asking about the club these days LOL!

if you wanna go ahead and pay your $20 membership dues for 2021 in the understanding club is still pretty limited so you can use the par meter than Yash or I can hand off the meter to you. Once the meter is handed off to you, you get it for 7 days and then there needs to be arrangements for it to be picked up/handed off.

I'll go ahead & do that, got my new light coming in today & I just have to get the spar urethane coat on my new canopy tonight to get it all set up! Knowing I'm not cooking my previously happy coral would give me a lot of peace of mind.

Do I still send it to the same Paypal account?

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll go ahead & do that, got my new light coming in today & I just have to get the spar urethane coat on my new canopy tonight to get it all set up! Knowing I'm not cooking my previously happy coral would give me a lot of peace of mind.

Do I still send it to the same Paypal account?
Yep

Justanano

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully things open soon would like to join

SaltyinTennessee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there any update on if club will start to open back up. I am getting back in after years without a tank and would like to add a little action to chat. Would be cool to meet local salty people. If so how do I go about joining, if not hopefully soon

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will most likely have a meeting in late September early October when it cools off a bit plus summer time a lot of people are focused on vacation etc.

ZIGGY63

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Summer was really never good to have meetings , unless you preferred small groups

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back