Co2 Low pressure switch activated alarm

blfuller123

375 Mixed Reef
View Badges
Joined
Jun 29, 2011
Messages
138
Reaction score
195
Location
Houston, TX
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am wanting to add a pressure switch that will close when my C02 tank pressure gets low to trigger an alarm. I know I can use my ADIN expansion card with a breakout to do it, just wondering if someone else has already done it?
 
No but I have used the level outlet for doing nearly the same thing - using the function for leakage detection. Just take a level switch and cut of the level indicator. Connect the two wires to your pressure switch and adjust the inverted function in a way that you get an alarm when your CO3 pressure is low.

Here is my use of the adin card in my new aquarium - the thing above was in another application I did.

Sincerely Lasse
 
Yep that sounds like it would work too but I am already using all of my float switch plugs and I have an empty ADIN breakout. Think I will give it a shot, just need to find a pressure switch...
 
I have not use it this way with an regulator and do not know which switch and regulator you use. But if you attach some pictures we maybe can figure it out.

Sincerely Lasse
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 20.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 24 29.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.3%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new