CO2 Media

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

pluikens

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I understand that and the fact that you're helping to address the tank issue, but at that point, I'm encouraging the tank to interact less with the air surrounding it for better health/growth of the tank inhabitants. I'll probably go the route of testing the CO2 levels in my house because if they're at unsafe levels that they negatively affect the tank, I should consider all the inhabitants of my house including my wife and kids and address the indoor air quality issues.
After another month of battling high indoor CO2 levels, I finally bought myself a CO2 monitor and logger for the house. I just set it up recently but the house is probably where it usually stands for CO2 production. The windows haven't been open for about a week and we just got through a weekend where we cooked a few meals with the gas appliances. Current indoor CO2 is 1600 ppm. Luckily, we've had a rainy day and windows can be opened again. I'll continue monitoring while I interview installers for a direct-ducted ERV. In my opinion, this confirms why I continue to measure tank pH below 8.0 when I'm pulling in fresh air through a CO2 scrubber.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 86 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back