CO2 Media

Lol, never mind I read it and wrote it but still did not pay attention that it was pounds vs gallon. Kept thinking it was 3lb vs 5lb
 
I understand that and the fact that you're helping to address the tank issue, but at that point, I'm encouraging the tank to interact less with the air surrounding it for better health/growth of the tank inhabitants. I'll probably go the route of testing the CO2 levels in my house because if they're at unsafe levels that they negatively affect the tank, I should consider all the inhabitants of my house including my wife and kids and address the indoor air quality issues.
After another month of battling high indoor CO2 levels, I finally bought myself a CO2 monitor and logger for the house. I just set it up recently but the house is probably where it usually stands for CO2 production. The windows haven't been open for about a week and we just got through a weekend where we cooked a few meals with the gas appliances. Current indoor CO2 is 1600 ppm. Luckily, we've had a rainy day and windows can be opened again. I'll continue monitoring while I interview installers for a direct-ducted ERV. In my opinion, this confirms why I continue to measure tank pH below 8.0 when I'm pulling in fresh air through a CO2 scrubber.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 18.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new