CO2 scrubber disappointing results

All my sps I’ve had since tiny frags. I manually dose all my major and minor elements. When I test and alk gets low I’ll increase alk by 1.4 dkh in a day. That is what Red Sea said was the limit in their dosing manual. I was new and I didn’t no otherwise. Been doing that since I’ve had sps(like 10 months) and they’ve done nothing but grow like maniacs. Ain’t nobody killin sps with a little alk jump lol. I’ve learned to dose a lol each day based on consumption for “stability” reasons but even then it’s drinking .4 a day technically that’s a .4 swing per day right?
Sounds reasonable to me.
 
Agree that you dont want to resirculate the skimmer air through the co2 scrubber.
This was my nano 25 gallon sump.
I dont have a pic of the scrubber but you can see where the air is going into the skimmer, the open orange line, that is where I attached a small bottle of soda pellets.
It worked well for a small tank but really ate up the media quick.
It pulls the air through the media and into the skimmer, thus filtering out the co2 allowing plenty of oxygenation.
20181101_183436.jpg
Found the old scrubber pic on my nano.
20181216_103458.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new