Co2 scrubber.

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m about to pull the trigger on a scrubber and some bituminous carbon. Seems like it’s got a larger particle size than rox, and a small pore structure which should retain moisture well.

I’m surprised no one talks about this.

I’m also going to hook up the scrubber intake to my skimmer cup to really maximize the scrubber media’s life.
How did this end up working out for you?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this end up working out for you?
So, I actually nixed the carbon, and just did recirculating.

It’s working like gangbusters! I have an 8.45 pH during the peak of the day, and an 8.18 low at night.

I’ve been using the media for a month and one week, and it’s probably 40-50% depleted. It’s working better than I imagined.

I also have a reservoir before the scrubber to catch excess water, which is working well. I think water would be building up in the scrubber without it.

InvaderJim

Chillin
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I actually nixed the carbon, and just did recirculating.

It’s working like gangbusters! I have an 8.45 pH during the peak of the day, and an 8.18 low at night.

I’ve been using the media for a month and one week, and it’s probably 40-50% depleted. It’s working better than I imagined.

I also have a reservoir before the scrubber to catch excess water, which is working well. I think water would be building up in the scrubber without it.
Mind sharing a pic of your setup? Are you using the BRS scrubber?

Adamantium

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 57

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back