CO2 scrubber

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wanting to set up a CO2 scrubber do to low ph. Went on BRS to order one and it looks just like my BRS GFO reactor are they the same thing. Can I just dump the GFO and the co2 media and plug it into the skimmer

Philly Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same question and my answer was its the same container. But I cant confirm since I don't have any of those container.

I am also having a double take with the cost of the CO2 media and the cost to maintain them.
$20-$40 per month .. yeah. Not going that route

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes same canisters and internal chamber. Only difference is the size of the barb fitting the hose attaches to. Pretty sure they sell the different sizes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

ru4serious

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes same canisters and internal chamber. Only difference is the size of the bard fitting the hose attaches to. Pretty sure they sell the different sizes.
Thank you, that will save me some money. Have any idea on the cheapest source for the co2 scrubber media (soda lime)

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, that will save me some money. Have any idea on the cheapest source for the co2 scrubber media (soda lime)
I just order the BRS media whenever they have 10/15% sales. I’m sure it can be found elsewhere but I’m lazy.

Forgot to mention the about the reactor, it also has a sponge glued to the cover of the canister cap inside. Same sponge that comes with the carbon/gfo reactor only glued to cap.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 126 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back