OP
OP
MtnDewMan

MtnDewMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to see you got it working the way you want it to with the 3-way valve. Myself I am only using a 2-way valve but my valve is very close to my skimmer compared to the CO2 scrubber. I am using the recirc method but also have outside air going to the scrubber mixing with the air from the skimmer. My outside air is drawn from the furnace fresh air intake and runs 65ft to the scrubber thru a 5/8" ID hose. One thing I like about this setup is I only have a 0.08 PH variance in a 24hr period. Like you, if I did not use a electronic ball valve my ph would approach the 8.65-8.7 mark which I did not want it to go that high.
2023-01-23 (2).png
Nice tight pH range. Do you by chance have a refugium with lighting on at night in order to get such a small swing during the night?

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice tight pH range. Do you by chance have a refugium with lighting on at night in order to get such a small swing during the night?
No refugium. My tank light schedule is 7am-7pm with a 1hr ramp time on each end. Mixing outside air with the skimmer recirc air in the CO2 scrubber I'm sure helps with the ph swing. When my media gets close to fully saturated in both canisters my swing will increase to approx .12-.15.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back