Coal ID at petco

  • Thread starter Thread starter C4ctus99
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

C4ctus99

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2023
Messages
754
Reaction score
685
Location
Jacksonville
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
27F4ECDF-0574-4A51-AE45-7FA6745DE5A4.jpeg
0BF1A59C-AB80-47B7-8389-78A02C3762CD.jpeg


Not into coral yet, but a local petco had some frags for $25 each, just wanted to see if any of these are worth that
 
Bunch of random leather corals, the greenish one is the only one I would consider, no one wants ugly brown ones!
 
From left to right
Pic 1:
Toadstool leather, green sinularia, sinularia, thick finger lobophytum
Pic 2:
Sinularia, devils hand leather, toadstool, maybe a toadstool but it looks quite unhealthy.

All are very hardy and great beginner corals. I got my leathers at a petco for the same price.
 
The got, I believe, cyano on the base. Also setting up a tank today so no go. I like the look of the toadstool though.
 
The toad stools will get very big. I’ve got one from there. Whenever I get something from that place I consider it a rescue
 
From left to right
Pic 1:
Toadstool leather, green sinularia, sinularia, thick finger lobophytum
Pic 2:
Sinularia, devils hand leather, toadstool, maybe a toadstool but it looks quite unhealthy.

All are very hardy and great beginner corals. I got my leathers at a petco for the same price.
Those are Sclerophytum, not Sinularia. There was a recent reclassification that reduced Sinularia to just S. brassica.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new