Coast to Coast + FramingTech Custom 80

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am. There is a low and high cloud settings, I run the high cloud settings. I'm not sure it makes a difference, but it's on and not messing with the program.

Hey how's the reef doing? :)

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I decided to escape NYC and was forced to shut the tank down. It is amazing how much changed in the last few years in this city. That tank was beautifully well made and I miss it, but I fled like a refugee.

I was in NYC during the worst part of COVID when 1000+ people were dying a day, it felt like a ghost town, and you're living in a tiny box not venturing out anywhere, with just the daily ceremonial banging of the kitchen pots at 7pm each night in support of the healthcare workers.

My family doesn't have the best health and they were worried, so I decided to rent a little apartment near them in Arizona. It's nice to be able to take care of them. Of course, Arizona then became a COVID hotspot because #2020.

Since we can't go anywhere, I do have a little IM tank just to keep me company here in the desert. I won't be returning to the city, and not sure where I'll live in 2021, just planning to ride out the rest of 2020 here and see what happens.

With it being 115 degrees every day, I'm trying to convince my family to move to Colorado or anyplace cooler :)

I still lurk on R2R and I love reading people's updates. Keep posting everyone.

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waiting on the tank, but the stand arrived this week. This PDF is what FramingTech generates for you after you provide the specs. I'll source plywood + foam locally.

I have magnet doors that that attach to the frame (not installed yet). I'll use these in the short term to hide equipment.

IMG_20180525_192005.jpg
IMG_20180525_192207.jpg
beautiful stand!!

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With it being 115 degrees every day, I'm trying to convince my family to move to Colorado or anyplace cooler :)

I plan to move from Western Mass to The Boulder/Fort Collins area. Just did the first scouting trip in June.

Sorry to hear about the tank shutting down. Any thoughts for the next? Or just going to reset the same concepts?

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to move from Western Mass to The Boulder/Fort Collins area. Just did the first scouting trip in June.

Sorry to hear about the tank shutting down. Any thoughts for the next? Or just going to reset the same concepts?

I've seriously considered Ft. Collins/Boulder area. My company has a small office in each. Whenever people start returning to offices (next year at earliest for us), it could be an option. Housing costs have exploded in both recently sadly. Durango is a few hours closer to AZ if I need to drive, but Denvers to PHX is an easy flight. I find the Denver area a bit overwhelming because there are so many little towns/suburbs on the Front Range, how do you pick the right one???

I have a little IM frag tank. My desire for a mixed reef is really low on the next go-around. I think I'd prefer to have frag type systems just to enjoy growing stuff out and a big tank with beautiful fish and don't worry about the corals (angels, butterflies). So a frag tank and a butterfly tank. I'm a big fan of aluminum stands.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I'd prefer to have frag type systems just to enjoy growing stuff out and a big tank with beautiful fish and don't worry about the corals (angels, butterflies). So a frag tank and a butterfly tank. I'm a big fan of aluminum stands.
Michael,
I can’t go the frag route, but they sure have grown on me.

When things settle down it would be cool if you and @RichtheReefer21 (Rich) could hook up out west.

Our family hit Pikes Peak in the 70’s when it was still a one lane ride, and the Royal Gorge was pretty dang cool.

Thanks for the update!!

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I decided to escape NYC and was forced to shut the tank down. It is amazing how much changed in the last few years in this city. That tank was beautifully well made and I miss it, but I fled like a refugee.

I was in NYC during the worst part of COVID when 1000+ people were dying a day, it felt like a ghost town, and you're living in a tiny box not venturing out anywhere, with just the daily ceremonial banging of the kitchen pots at 7pm each night in support of the healthcare workers.

My family doesn't have the best health and they were worried, so I decided to rent a little apartment near them in Arizona. It's nice to be able to take care of them. Of course, Arizona then became a COVID hotspot because #2020.

Since we can't go anywhere, I do have a little IM tank just to keep me company here in the desert. I won't be returning to the city, and not sure where I'll live in 2021, just planning to ride out the rest of 2020 here and see what happens.

Great to hear from you.
Take care.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 155 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.1%
Back