Coast to Coast + FramingTech Custom 80

chefjpaul

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols told me to post some of my other pics, since I'm always dumping them on him. My primary target are birds, so here are a few of my favorite pics from NY's Central Park over 2019 so far

1_118.jpg

1_101.jpg

1_282.jpg

1_36.jpg

1_286.jpg

1_385.jpg

1_401.jpg

Audubon1_1.jpg

1_280.jpg
Fantastic photos.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only place where you rent a car, and the clerk make a big deal about warning you their insurance does not cover when the the wind blows your car door off :eek:.
Stack0.jpg

@HolisticBear
The above in Ice-Land is so mind blowing.

Thanks for taking the time to share your talent, in the art of photography within your build.

It's a true honor to be your friend and our family cherishes each shot that you post.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HolisticBear
The above in Ice-Land is so mind blowing.

Thanks for taking the time to share your talent, in the art of photography within your build.

It's a true honor to be your friend and our family cherishes each shot that you post.

That you sir. I feel fortunate to call you a friend and if wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't have gotten into reefing again. So thank you.

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful shots @HolisticBear !!!
I am glad you went to Iceland... Now with this picture I have another reason to convince my wife to go there. ;Snaphappy;Snaphappy;Snaphappy

I have mixed reactions on the Iceland. It definitely has a feel of a country designed for Instagram.

They need to protect their land, which is far more fragile than say the American Southwest, and tourism is their primary industry now. So I get it.

However, it has this feel of just driving from one car park to another. It is illegal to pull your car over and take a picture. There are no trails or hiking paths. You enter the car park, stay on the other side of the rope, and a guard walks around making sure you don't jump the rope. Take your picture, drive 3h to next car park.

I don't blame them, their nature is fragile and they have so many tourists. I'm doing Alaska next summer, which will allow being in nature.

The weather was insane when I was there. It made for a heck of an adventure. You couldn't help but laugh at the conditions. But I'm hesitant to return. Many places are now closed for a few years to let them repair (Google iceland Justin Beiber)

It is stunning country, but it's more stunning views from inside your car rather than from any hike or being in nature

p.s. Greenland is next too for me. But that is gonna be a bit rugged

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have mixed reactions on the Iceland. It definitely has a feel of a country designed for Instagram.

They need to protect their land, which is far more fragile than say the American Southwest, and tourism is their primary industry now. So I get it.

However, it has this feel of just driving from one car park to another. It is illegal to pull your car over and take a picture. There are no trails or hiking paths. You enter the car park, stay on the other side of the rope, and a guard walks around making sure you don't jump the rope. Take your picture, drive 3h to next car park.

I don't blame them, their nature is fragile and they have so many tourists. I'm doing Alaska next summer, which will allow being in nature.

The weather was insane when I was there. It made for a heck of an adventure. You couldn't help but laugh at the conditions. But I'm hesitant to return. Many places are now closed for a few years to let them repair (Google iceland Justin Beiber)

It is stunning country, but it's more stunning views from inside your car rather than from any hike or being in nature

p.s. Greenland is next too for me. But that is gonna be a bit rugged

What an experience that must have been.. thanks for sharing. And beautiful pic of the aurora!

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@GoVols told me to post some of my other pics, since I'm always dumping them on him. My primary target are birds, so here are a few of my favorite pics from NY's Central Park over 2019 so far

1_118.jpg

1_101.jpg

1_282.jpg

1_36.jpg

1_286.jpg

1_385.jpg

1_401.jpg

Audubon1_1.jpg

1_280.jpg
Those are beautiful pictures, stunning.....

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are beautiful pictures, stunning.....
Thanks Shaun!

Did you see the post about the frozen popsicle fish feeder? It's basically a small thermos you hang above your tank that lets your frozen fish food slowly melt over ~6 hours. It's a bit of work because you have to refreeze the thermos every night, but for a tank like yours it could be pretty nice.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Shaun!

Did you see the post about the frozen popsicle fish feeder? It's basically a small thermos you hang above your tank that lets your frozen fish food slowly melt over ~6 hours. It's a bit of work because you have to refreeze the thermos every night, but for a tank like yours it could be pretty nice.

I’ll take a look into it, looks good. I think Rev articled either this or probably something slightly different a few weeks ago from memory

But thanks for the heads up, I’m all for new ‘gadgets’! Lol

OP
OP
HolisticBear

HolisticBear

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@HolisticBear -- Whats your long term take on the Orphek so far?

Hey Rakie!

Absolutely no regrets. I'm happy with the visual look of the tank, the lights just worked from day 1, easy to setup, and I didn't need to spend hours researching forums trying to fix janky firmware (my GHL experience).

The tank is healthy and things are growing. I may not be breaking any growth records, but things are growing and I'm not sure if a different light would make a difference. The light spill out of the tank isn't an issue (main reason I avoided 2-3 XR15s)

I've owned AIs in the past and had a positive experience. I think 3 AI or 3 XR15s would probably have been fine from a coral health POV.

The lights are heavy compared to some of the others, so that might be an issue for some.

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Rakie!

Absolutely no regrets. I'm happy with the visual look of the tank, the lights just worked from day 1, easy to setup, and I didn't need to spend hours researching forums trying to fix any janky firmware (my GHL experience).

The tank is healthy and things are growing. I may not be breaking any growth records, but things are growing and I'm not sure if a different light would make a difference. The light spill out of the tank isn't an issue (main reason I avoided 2-3 XR15s)

I've owned AIs in the past and had a positive experience. I think 3 AI or 3 XR15s would probably have been fine from a coral health POV.

The lights are heavy compared to some of the others, so that might be an issue for some.

Are you still running the cloud effects?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back