Cody's 20G: Innovative Marine NUVO Black

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This build was a result of needing a location to store my fresh ATO water for my 80G build. I had no left over room under my 4 foot stand, and I hate looking at the home depot bucket every day, so I decided to build a small 2 foot sister stand to house my ATO water. One thing lead to another and I decided if i'm going to build another stand, i might as well put a tank on it right! :cool:

I went with the a Innovative Marine 20G NUVO Black rimless tank. I'll likely use the 10G version as a sump, divided 3/4: the larger space for my ATO, the remaining space for a return pump, in sump skimmer, single filter sock, etc. for the nano build

Not getting crazy with this nano build, it will heavily rely on water changes. In addition to the skimmer I'll also be using a BRS mini reactor for GFO/Carbon.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand Structure:

Unlike my 80 build, I will not be able to park my jeep on this stand. Realizing i WAY over built my 80G stand, i slimmed this design down A LOT. It will still use the same magnet door panels as the 80G, however, this stand will only have a front access panel.

IMG_2960_zpsenmsxaaw.jpg

Braces mid way up the stand are intended for a shelf.

IMG_2987_zps0zjhmlmf.jpg

Painted and ready for paneling.

IMG_3028_zpspwvst725.jpg

thenanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I had the Nuvo 24 then I recently downsized to a regular glass 10 gallon. I think the new tanks have much better dimensions that the 24. Can't wait to see what you do with it.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following!

DustyXB9Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I love Innovative Marine stuff. I wish I had seen them before I got my biocube.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stand is done with the exception of some poly and minor sanding. About to move onto plumbing my sump tank. Built a small frame on the inside bottom of the stand to line with pond liner for water.

IMG_3141_zpsc5xjidyz.jpg

mattm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately not yet. I just moved and digging out of debt. Next step is to drill, overflow, return pump.

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

What is your take on the clarity of the Nuvo Black tanks? I am looking at one of these for an upcoming build but concerned about the clarity since they do not come in low-iron.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to seeing it come together.

What is your take on the clarity of the Nuvo Black tanks? I am looking at one of these for an upcoming build but concerned about the clarity since they do not come in low-iron.

I honestly thought it was low iron, can't tell a bit of difference.

OP
OP
CodyRVA

CodyRVA

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow looks great. Love the stand you've build. Those look great. Following along.

Thanks! No new updates still, I recently moved and had to tear down and move that 80, last 6 weeks i've been recovering from a nutrient spike and a mild tank crash wiping out most of my SPS. Doing a lot of traveling over the holidays so waiting until 2017 to get this thing wet!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Coming together beautifully! Keep us posted when you get settled in and get time to work on it some more.

Back