Coffee Talk

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite way of brewing coffee is turkisk, in an ibrik.

Use a small hand grinder to powderize the beans, add a pod of cardamom, touch of cinnamon and ginger, and hint of sugar. Boil three times and serve.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many of us worried about our tanks and us freakin out to the sound of trickling water when we are pretty sure we turned the RO unit off. Coffee is an absolute.

coffee.jpg RO joke.jpg

Lol that's so accurate.

Joekovar

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what's really important here, is do you add creamer/etc to your coffee and stir, or pour coffee over everything in the cup and let it mix.

I methodically pour my coffee in last. My reasoning is that I save a stirrer/spoon, can measure the additives using only markings in the cup, it utilizes the energy of the turbulence when pouring, and when getting coffee from somewhere with a "creamer island" I bring a lid to the pot and don't have to carry hot coffee through a crowd.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are obviously A LOT of heavy coffee drinkers here as I see time stamps on posts (in my time zone) that are clearly caffeine driven.

My tastes? Somehow once I switched to ice coffee, I never made it back to hot. @14 degrees F this morning I still gotta have it iced. Dark roast; splash of milk.

S2G

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think what's really important here, is do you add creamer/etc to your coffee and stir, or pour coffee over everything in the cup and let it mix.

I methodically pour my coffee in last. My reasoning is that I save a stirrer/spoon, can measure the additives using only markings in the cup, it utilizes the energy of the turbulence when pouring, and when getting coffee from somewhere with a "creamer island" I bring a lid to the pot and don't have to carry hot coffee through a crowd.

My thought process is why buy premium coffee if you're just going to mix it? That's like buying expensive whiskey then mixing it with coke or putting sauce on a great steak.

Right up there with putting tangs in small tanks if ask me lol

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think Hawaiian Kona was mentioned already. Amazing! :)

If anyone uses the Keurig cups and are into cappuccinos, pick up the Kroger brand French vanilla Kcups. Thank me later. :)

hawaiian kona is my daily.

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Same! :)

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Peet's Arabian Mocha-Java. Double espresso with a light pour of frothed milk. I can't start my day without it.:)

my signature says it all. ;)

ScottR

Surfing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love coffee. Must be black. I’m from Hawaii. Kona coffee is overrated. I have a nespresso machine. Best coffee ever oddly. And I’m picky.

Sierra_Bravo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The real Cuban Coffee Expresso... Great wakeup o_O

516x474_ac.jpg

I lived in South Fla for a long time; my wife is from Peru and most all my fishing buddies are Cuban or South American decent. I became very used to drinking cafe con leche and colada, and when I moved to San Antonio the office Folgers just doesn't cut it. I brought in an espresso machine for the office to make Cuban coffee, but can't get anyone else to join the bandwagon. :(

On the flip side, I end up drinking everyone's portion beside my own so I am WIRED UP AND ROCKING, BABY!!! ;Woot;Woot;Woot

OP
OP
Pau Hana Reefer

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My thought process is why buy premium coffee if you're just going to mix it? That's like buying expensive whiskey then mixing it with coke or putting sauce on a great steak.

Right up there with putting tangs in small tanks if ask me lol

Couldn't agree more. I always drink premium roasts and third wave roasts black. I'm occasionally mix in cream and sugar with my Dunkin if I need that extra kick from the sugar.

OP
OP
Pau Hana Reefer

Pau Hana Reefer

got reef?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my old Bodum Bistro burr grinder broke and got myself a new OXO Burr Grinder... And WOW it's like a whole new world! This new grinder crushes at grinding third wave coffee beans.

Man I love coffee way too much!

Reeferguy365

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love Death Wish it's the bomb! But wife doesn't really care for it too strong for her So currently I'm drinking Starbucks Pike's Place which is pretty dang good brewed in the Keurig. I like just a little bit of sugar and a little bit of heavy whipping cream as long as I get to it while it's still hot if I wait 5 -10 minutes before I get to drink my coffee then I just drink it black.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone local to nyc i really enjoy zabars coffees. From their dark espresso to their Ethiopian yurgecheffe(ill spell check that later lol)
But they do the roasting themselves, which eliminates a lot of the time from travel to purchase that can age a bean.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back