Cold Water Reef in 90?!

Tamberav

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 4, 2014
Messages
12,425
Reaction score
17,751
Location
Duluth, MN
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can it be done in 90 days? No idea! We'll see I guess! I got some live sand and rock right out of Stu's tank from Coldwater Marine Aquatics and plan to order some Brightwell CWM bacteria to see if we can get this cycled fast enough to add livestock.

I did get some hitchhiker anemone's on the live rock but also had an equipment failure day one (doh), so livestock is living in my fridge currently :D

Tank: Micro-Reefs 7.2g 1/2 inch acrylic temperate AIO
Light: Full spec par38
Flow: Mp10
Chiller: CSXC-1 Aquarium/Hydroponic Chiller

Livestock will be from Coldwater Marine Aquatics so FMV will be a breeze.

Pictures to come.
 
Following!
 
Warning! Cell phone pics and dirty glass! My 1st acrylic tank so I need to go out and buy some stuff to clean it with.

The cycle started earlier this week.

IMG_20140707_170752372_HDR_zpsafipih7g.jpg
 
FMV of what came on my live rock. Since these aren't sold online, I did my best to ID them and gave them the FMV of their tropical cousins using live-plants website as a source.

Botryocladia sp. $24 (large clump so I doubled price)
Ulva sp. $8
Gracilaria sp. $8
Prionitis sp. ???

Moonglow anenome 1: $20
Moonglow anenome 2: $20
 
Not too much to update right now. Waiting on some equipment to arrive and the tank has been cycling this past week.
 
Hasn't logged on since October 17th 2014
 
What you need is some native stone for that tank, yea I know where to get it legal.
 
Haha I am still here and this tank is still up and running! I don't live anywhere near the coast to collect rock though.
 
Haha I am still here and this tank is still up and running! I don't live anywhere near the coast to collect rock though.
Corona Del Mar beach in So. Cal has the rock high and dry, you can just pick it up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new