cold weather shipping

  • Thread starter Thread starter miyags
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 12, 2009
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
814
Location
Erie PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been wanting & waiting to order some hammer corals. The weather in erie Pa is cold -4 for Lowes and teens to low 20's for the highs.It will be like this for the next couple weeks, maybe longer.Most of the WYSIWYG hammers, that I"ve been watching are selling out..At what temp should I wait for?
 
I've been wanting & waiting to order some hammer corals. The weather in erie Pa is cold -4 for Lowes and teens to low 20's for the highs.It will be like this for the next couple weeks, maybe longer.Most of the WYSIWYG hammers, that I"ve been watching are selling out..At what temp should I wait for?

Yes... I have some live items I am holding off on ordering because of the weather.

I would suggest placing your order between April and November.

Hammers are easy to find. Be patient.
 
if the vendor is willing to ship. you should feel comfortable buying if they have an arrive-alive guarantee. If the vendor isn't confident in their packaging versus current weather conditions, they won't ship. My opinion.
 
Yes... I have some live items I am holding off on ordering because of the weather.

I would suggest placing your order between April and November.

Hammers are easy to find. Be patient.
Yep,Ive missed out on some nice hammers around Christmas due to bad weather, now they are sold out. like these bright pink ones in the back
50PC130096_763x763.jpg.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I've been wanting & waiting to order some hammer corals. The weather in erie Pa is cold -4 for Lowes and teens to low 20's for the highs.It will be like this for the next couple weeks, maybe longer.Most of the WYSIWYG hammers, that I"ve been watching are selling out..At what temp should I wait for?
I would suggest waiting until the temps are above freezing. Maybe 45+ degrees.
Contact the vendor and ask if the corals you want could be available then.
Not only is protecting the corals from the cold with insulated boxes and heat packs, but you have to worry about the shipping company having weather delays.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new